Take a river cruise
See the fall colors along the Mississippi River
Top Things to do in Saint Paul this Fall
Check out this list and make your plans to spend fall in Saint Paul
Find things to do this fall and be sure to visit safely. For more information on Saint Paul's commitment to cleanliness and safety, see the Ready Together Pledge.
1. Enjoy the Outdoors
- Walk Summit: Take a walk along historic Summit Avenue and see the fall colors of this tree-lined road known for its Victorian architecture.
- Explore Saint Paul’s park system: Ranked No. 3 in the country, our variety of parks are great for leaf peeping, hiking, biking, paddling and more.
- Bring your bicycle: Take on Saint Paul’s 189 miles of bikeway and explore routes along the Mississippi River, the Gateway State Trail, downtown’s Capital City Bikeway and more.
- Bring your boat: Find a launch and explore the Mississippi River. We suggest a stop at Fort Snelling State Park’s Pike Island.
- Play a round: Book a tee time and try Como, Highland National and Phalen golf courses.
- Road-Trip'n Bingo: Hit the road and play Explore Minnesota's Road-Trip'n Bingo.
2. Check out Local Attractions
For a full list of open attractions, click here.
- Explore Keg & Case West 7th Market: Take in the Fandango Music Series on Fridays and Saturdays through October.
- Take a field trip: Take a break from distance learning and create your own field trip with a visit to the Bell Museum, Como Zoo, Minnesota Children's Museum, Minnesota History Center (reopens Oct. 1) Minnesota Transporation Museum, Twin City Model Railroad Museum or Science Museum of Minnesota.
- Before it closes: Visit the Wabasha Street Caves and learn about its gangster past before this attraction closes for good in November.
- Book an appointment to explore Landmark Center, enjoy its exhibits and peruse its history.
3. Find Food & Drink
For a full list of current restaurant and brewery offerings, click here.
- Farmers Market: Enjoy shopping outdoors at the one and only Saint Paul Farmers' Market, open Saturday and Sundays in Lowertown.
- Grab coffee: Visit a local coffee shop and enjoy fall flavors, such as the East Cider from Caydence.
- Find a patio: Take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and find a restaurant or brewery patio to enjoy. See some of our favorites.
- Dabbler in a Box: Order a Dabbler in a Box for your at-home Beer Dabbler experience and sample 12 different limited and seasonal brews from 12 different breweries and cideries, curated by The Beer Dabbler.
- Beer to go: Take some seasonal beers and favorites with you. Stop at one of Saint Paul's 18 breweries and pick up a growler, some crowlers or other beer to go along on your next adventure.
4. Fall Events
For a full list of events, click here.
- Opera in the Outfield: Root, root, root for your hometown opera team with two evenings, Sept. 24 & 26, of performances at Saint Paul's front porch, CHS Field.
- Little Africa Fest: Join the seventh annual Little Africa Fest with its virtual edition from Sept. 20-Sept. 24.
- Oktoberfests: Take part in this seasonal favorite with Waldmann's Oktoberfest or Oktoberfest in the Outfield at CHS Field.
- Selby Ave JazzFest: This Saint Paul staple has gone virtual with live streams events including Nachito Herrera on Sept. 26.
- Selby Stroll: Live music, restaurants, sidewalk sales and promotions are a part of this celebration on Sept. 26.
- Twin Cities Bridal Show: Your go-to event for everything you need for your wedding on Sept. 27 at the Saint Paul RiverCentre.
- Oktober Bass Fest: Don’t miss your chance to win $4,500! Anglers, prepare your tackle for this Oktoberfest Fishing Tournament to support the Saint Paul Festival & Heritage Foundation on Oct. 3.
- Fandango Music Series: Check out the live music series at Keg & Case, running through October.
- Virtual Marathon: The Twin Cities Marathon has gone virtual. Get ready to compete and sign up for a virtual race this October.
- Fair Food Parade: The Minnesota State Fair Food Parade is back for Round 2 on Oct. 1-4 and Oct. 8-11.
- Rails and Ales: A favorite of craft beer drinkers, GetKnit's annual event has moved to a self-guided version for 2020 and runs Sept. 12 - Oct. 18.
- Art Month: The Saint Paul Art Collective is hosting Art Month during the month of October, including art sales, art auctions and virtual studio crawls. Check out public art/murals all month long, too!
- Halloween: Check out our list of Halloween events happening around Saint Paul.