How to Spend Thanksgiving Weekend in Saint Paul
Make it a holiday weekend to relax and connect.
Take the stress out of this holiday weekend and focus on what's most important. Enjoy delicious food, festive events and family attractions to make it a weekend to remember.
Thanksgiving dinner to-go
Take a break from cooking, enjoy a delicious meal AND support local restaurants - it’s a win-win-win. These Saint Paul restaurants are ready to help you create a festive and stress-free holiday dinner. Some restaurants may sell out, so we recommend planning ahead and checking to confirm availability.
Restaurants Offering Meals To-go
Bellecour Bakery at Cooks
Get your hands on some delicious ready-to-eat or take n' bake goods.
Bucca di Beppo
Open on Thanksgiving. Order Thanksgiving dinners to go, or Thanksgiving catering to go.
The Buttered Tin
Order Thanksgiving meal kits and pies.
Served hot n' ready. Full feast, just the sides, or just the bird.
El Burrito Mercado
Take & bake family meal. Order by Nov 20.
Hot Hands Pie
A la carte pies, biscuits, gravy and more.
A 9-course Filipino feast for the whole family.
Take-home meals. Call to order 651-602-9000.
Red Cow & Red Rabbit
Get all the classics in a meal kit or go a-la-cart.
Next level delicious, heat and serve meals for 2.
Heat and serve Thanksgiving feast.
Yum Yum Catering
Order hot and ready - full meal or a la carte.
Restaurants Open for Dine-in
Dine-in for a Thanksgiving buffet from 12-3pm. Make a reservation.
Open for a special 3-course prix fixe Thanksgiving menu. Make a reservation.
Shop holiday markets for the perfect gift from local businesses and artisans
As an alternative to the holiday shopping frenzy, grab a coffee and peruse handcrafted and locally made items. Give a gift that’s just that much more special when you’ve purchased it direct from the maker.
- European Christmas Market (Nov 25-27)
- Holiday Market at Schmidt Artist Lofts (Nov 25-27)
- Holiday Market at Keg & Case (Nov 23-27)
Make memories at these attractions and events
Gather the special people in your life and start a new tradition during these Thanksgiving weekend events.
- Turkey Trot St. Paul 6K & 10K (Nov 24)
- GLOW Holiday Festival (Nov 23-27)
- Hmong New Year (Nov 26-27)
- Holidays on the Hill (Nov 26-28)
- Night Trains (Nov 25-26)
- Thanksgiving Break: Sherlock Holmes at the Minnesota History Center (Nov 25-27)
- Final weekend of the Fall Flower Show at Como Conservatory (Nov 25-27)
- Thanksgiving Eve with Maggie Faris & Julie Bane at Laugh Camp (Nov 23)
- Minnesota Wild Home Games (Nov 23, 25 & 27)
- A Servants’ Christmas at History Theatre (Nov 24-27)
- The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra: Barber’s Adagio for Strings (Nov 25-27)
Take a deep breath and get outside
What pairs better with a big meal than a long walk? Get some fresh air and enjoy some time in natural spaces (in Saint Paul you have your pick from over 179 parks and open spaces and more than 100 miles of trails).
- Parks & Trails - Explore Saint Paul's park system, ranked No. 2 in the country by Trust for Public Land.
- Bike - See Saint Paul by bike via its 188.8 miles of bikeways.
- Explore the Mississippi - Did you know Saint Paul has more shoreline than any other city along the entire Mississippi River? Take advantage of all that riverfront to get out and explore.
Take your pick from accommodations that are close to it all
Whether you're looking for a hotel with a pool or a peaceful retreat, book your overnight stay and enjoy a relaxing holiday weekend in Saint Paul.
Are you spending Thanksgiving weekend in Saint Paul? Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #MYSAINTPAUL.
Minnesota Wild Home Game
Xcel Energy Center 199 W. Kellogg Blvd Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102 (651) 265-4800 Downtown Website >
The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra: Barber’s Adagio for Strings
Ordway Concert Hall 408 Saint Peter St Saint Paul, MN 55102 (651) 292-4318 Downtown Website >
The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra: Barber’s Adagio for Strings408 Saint Peter St
Saint Paul, MN 55102