Art will be showcased in neighborhoods around the city.
- Cathedral Hill Arts District - April 22-24
- Harriet Island Arts District - April 22-24
- Lowertown Arts District - May 13-15
- Raymond Station Arts District - May 6-8
- West Seventh Arts District - April 29-May 1
The crawl dates back to 1977 when founding artists of the St. Paul Art Collective held their first group exhibition at Union Depot. The Collective continued to hold organized events in the downtown area in the following years before coordinating the first multi-building, open studio event in Lowertown in 1991. Four of the five founding buildings—262 Studios, Lowertown Lofts Artist Cooperative, Tilsner Artists’ Cooperative and Northern Warehouse Artists’ Cooperative—still participate in the crawl today. In the mid-2000s, the crawl expanded out of Lowertown to also include a variety of other Saint Paul neighborhoods.