Soak in the Summer Fun in Saint Paul
Top 10 Things To Do This Summer in Saint Paul
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun with this list of 10 ways to get the most out of this summer in Saint Paul.
1. Take it outside and savor the summer weather
Minnesota is a state of four seasons, and we get outside during all of them, but there’s just something about the summer sun, luscious greenery and longer days that makes us want to be outdoors.
- Patio season is the best season! From restaurants to breweries and coffee shops, find the perfect one for you and enjoy dinner and drinks outside. Here are some of our favorites.
- Take a walk along historic Summit Avenue and enjoy this tree-lined road known for its Victorian architecture.
- Saint Paul is home to one of the country's top parks systems (ranked #2), and these amazing parks are great for hiking, biking, paddling, picnics and more. Fort Snelling State Park, Hidden Falls Regional Park, Swede Hollow Park, Crosby Farm Park and the Bruce Vento Nature Sanctuary are just a few, offering paved trails and a nature escape without leaving the city.
- If you’re more into taking in the scenery at a faster pace, get out on your bike! We’ve got 189 miles of bikeway for you to explore routes along the Mississippi River, the Gateway State Trail, downtown Capital City Bikeway and more.
- Enjoy the river view with a sightseeing cruise aboard the Padelford Riverboat. Mississippi River cruises are offered through Oct.
2. Get Festive
We love to celebrate in Saint Paul, so most weekends throughout the summer you'll find us gathering at festivals in neighborhoods throughout the city. From the arts to craft beers, jazz and blues to classic cars, the many cultures of the city to our beloved state fair, these festivals are the perfect experiences to immerse yourself in entertainment, food, and fun - and many of them are free to attend! Check out our list of can’t miss summer events.
3. Spend the day with wildlife at Como Zoo
Sea lions and tigers and polar bears...oh, my! Como Park Zoo & Conservatory is one of the last free zoos in the country and where you’ll also find zebras, giraffes, gorillas and penguins. Walk around the grounds to observe the animals at play and then stroll over to Como Town amusement park for rides, games and food. Find more free things to do.
4. Find a stage for outdoor music
Doesn’t an outdoor concert just make a beautiful summer evening that much better? During this season, most nights of the week you can find an outdoor stage featuring local musicians. In June, don’t miss the beloved Twin Cities Jazz Festival. Find an outdoor show.
5. Find learning and fun all in one at a variety of amazing museums
Arts, science, history, trains, music, sports - take your pick from one of many local museums and leave with a deeper understanding of the world around us.
6. Did somebody say "ice cream"?
The cherry on top of the perfect summer day in the Midwest includes a stop at an ice cream shop. Make your way to one of our favorites (or all of them!).
7. Cheer on the Loons at Allianz Field
Nothing beats the energy of MNUFC fans during a match at Allianz Field. Allianz Field is considered one of the best soccer stadiums in the country. They've hosted CONCACAF Gold Cup games, a World Cup qualifier, and even the 2022 MLS All-Star game drawing in fans from all over the world. Check out the schedule and get ready for an unforgettable and eventful gameday - no matter who they compete against!
8. Get tickets to a performance
There are few things like live theater and Saint Paul stages are ready to welcome you. From the Park Square Theatre and Penumbra to History Theatre and Circus Juventas, get ready for those standing ovations.
- Between Riverside and Crazy | Park Square Theatre | May 24 - June 18
- Nate Bargatze: The Be Funny Tour | Ordway Performing Arts Center | June 16 - 17
- Jersey Boys | Chanhassen Dinner Theatre | June 16 - Feb 2024
- Holmes/Poirot | Park Square Theatre | July 19 - Aug 20
- Holmes and Watson | Park Square Theatre | Jul 12 - Aug 21
- Circus Juventas Summer Show | Arthurian Legends | July 26 - Aug 13
Check out big touring acts and up-and-coming artists at Xcel Energy Center and Palace Theatre. Summer shows include Janet Jackson & Ludacris, Dude Perfect, Thomas Rhett, Paramore and more, Find dates and tickets for upcoming shows:
9. Get out to a Ballgame
The St. Paul Saints are celebrating a milestone season of 30 years, and their first full season as a Triple-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. CHS Field hosts 150 home games at CHS Field between April and September - so there’s plenty of fun to be had - and Fun Is Good!
10. Go to the Minnesota State Fair
Our summer culminates in the world-renowned Minnesota State Fair, also known as The Great Minnesota Get-Together. This 12-day celebration at the end of August features everything we love about Minnesota, including lots of delicious (and sometimes unconventional) food on a stick, concerts, animals and everything in between. Check out our guide.
What's on your must-do list in Saint Paul this summer? Let us know on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with #MYSAINTPAUL.
More to Explore
Get Your Patio on in Saint Paul
Patio season is the best season! Find the perfect one for you in Saint Paul.
Festivals & Fairs
There's a festival for every season and every reason in Saint Paul. We love to celebrate. And we love it when everyone comes out to play.
Outdoor Summer Music
There's no better way to enjoy beautiful summer weather than listening to live music outside.
Insider’s Guide to the Minnesota State Fair
Find out everything you need to know about the Minnesota State Fair with helpful links to specific information.