North Pole Express
Sorry, this event has already happened
Please check out our events calendar for current events in Saint Paul.
Children and trains go together during the Holiday Season like colorful lights, brightly iced cookies, festively wrapped gifts, family and friends. Please join the nonprofit Friends of the 261 annual journey on the North Pole Express.
Location: Union Depot
214 Fourth Street East , Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
The North Pole Express is our group’s largest yearly fundraiser enabling us to continue to operate and maintain the star of the show the Milwaukee Road #261 steam locomotive, built in 1944, and experience a ride in one of our of historic rail cars. Our show is brought to you by our excited ALL volunteer crew, Santa and his elves that promises to make this a memorable Holiday Tradition. Climb aboard this holiday train from the past for an hour and a half long experience that includes the North Pole and a visit from Santa himself! Avoid the trouble of setting up your old train set around the tree this year and let us provide you with a REAL steam train for the holidays.
- A one-mile train ride to the North Pole at the east end of the Union Depot property.
- Along the way, write your letter to Santa.
- At the North Pole, Santa will greet the train and board the North Pole Express for the ride back to the Union Depot, passengers will remain on the train.
- Santa will walk through the train greeting all the children and collecting your letter!
- At the end of the train ride, head into Union Depot, where children can enjoy a holiday treat brought to you by BNSF Railway.
- There will be other children’s activities inside the Union Depot as well. · The train will be heated, but dress for the weather, all cars will get the same experience.
Upgrade to First Class on North Pole Express: Priority boarding ❆ Christmas treat on the train ❆ More time with Santa ❆ Keepsake souvenir First class seating is limited.
Admission: $9.95 - $59.95Visit our website Buy Tickets Add To Itinerary