The Minnesota Songkran Festival is a FREE event to experience the excitement of the new year and celebrate the beauty of cultural diversity. The event highlights authentic food vendors and souvenir boutiques that will keep everyone in the family AND our furry friends busy for hours! Visitors are more than welcome to wear traditional clothes at the event! Enjoy 2-days worth of music performances and traditional dances from various cultures. Last but not least, for the brave souls, we will be hosting our infamous papaya eating contest. Hope to see everyone soon!
The mission of the Thai Cultural Council of MN is to serve as the representative of authentic Thai culture in the State of Minnesota as officially recognized by the Ministry of Cultural Affairs of Thailand. As a registered non-profit, we aim to achieve the following:
- To promote Thai and Southeast Asian cultures through events and activities that teach about and promote their rich traditions in the arts, music, dance, and food
- To represent Thai culture in the ethnic mosaic of the Twin Cities, Minnesota, and Midwest region
- To create a space for the local Thai community to meet and build unity, and to teach language and cultural traditions to their children and subsequent generations
- To provide space for diverse communities to gather, engage, and learn about Thai culture
- To develop healthy intercultural relationships that promote peace and goodwill in an increasingly diverse local environment and global society