November 15, 2023, Saint Paul, Minn- This holiday season, Visit Saint Paul, the city’s convention and visitors bureau, in partnership with the Saint Paul Downtown Alliance, invites locals and visitors alike to "Celebrate Saint Paulidays" and revel in a holiday season packed with opportunities to make the most of the city's offerings. Whether people are looking for holiday events, where to shop for the perfect gift, a night out at the theatre, concerts, the best light displays, or take-home holiday meals, the Visit Saint Paul’s website is a hub of information with comprehensive listings that range from annual winter traditions to fresh new ways to brighten up the season, all with the message that Saint Paul is ready to help you celebrate. "We are thrilled that Visit Saint Paul is highlighting the hundreds of exciting ways for our residents and visitors to embrace the holiday season in our city," said Mayor Carter. "They have been an incredible partner in our mission to lift up Saint Paul as a vibrant cultural destination."
The campaign aims to raise awareness of how much the city offers by creating a directory of events, happenings, and activities. Visit Saint Paul President and CEO Jaimee Lucke Hendrikson explains, “Saint Paulidays is more than just a series of events; it's a celebration of our community's spirit and the unique experiences that make Saint Paul special. We want everyone to discover our city's joy and excitement during the winter holiday season.”
Some of the opportunities to celebrate "Saint Paulidays" include:
- GLOW Holiday Festival: Dive into the magic of the season at the GLOW Holiday Festival, where visitors can enjoy dazzling light displays, interactive exhibits, and seasonal treats. This immersive experience will captivate the hearts of both the young and the young at heart. New this year: Guests can experience the thrill of Vixen’s Zip Line as they soar high above the dazzling display of millions of lights. Two people can simultaneously glide along two separate 300-foot lines, suspended 34 feet in the air above CHS's outfield.
- Union Depot’s Hub for the Holidays: Multiple events are hosted at Union Depot, from the Polar Express to the European Christmas Market, which features 70 unique vendors offering handmade crafts and delightful treats.
- The 43rd annual Hmong New Year celebration at Saint Paul RiverCentre
Additionally, a robust round-up of other holiday maker's markets is included.
- Rice Park’s Illumination and many other holiday light displays around the city.
- Theatrical experiences include “Black Nativity” at the Penumbra, a new adaptation of “Peter Pan” at the Ordway, “It’s a Wonderful Life” live radio play at The Saint Paul Hotel, and “A Hygge Holiday,” a Northwoods-meets-Cirque du Soleil performance by Circus Juventas.
- Unique holiday events include:
- Sister Celeste's Advent Sing-A-Long Event at the Hotel Celeste
- CHILL: The Entire Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack, Played Live and Danced! at The Amsterdam.
- Visitors to Can Can Wonderland can check out its dazzling and kitschy “Winter Wonderland” installation, meet “Buddy the Elf” or take in “Soul Christmas, “a family-friendly drag show showcasing holiday tunes and costumes.
- Outdoor activities and a list of sledding hills are also found in the guide.
Visit Saint Paul’s Marketing and Partnership Director Chelsea Fey adds, “There are so many things happening; we encourage folks to explore the city and make the most of it. I recommend checking out our guide, mapping an itinerary that packs in as much as possible, complete with a stay at one of our fantastic hotels so you can take a break and then head out for more fun. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for people to find what brings them joy in our thriving and diverse city.”
Joe Spencer, President of the Saint Paul Downtown Alliance, shares, "Saint Paulidays is a fantastic initiative that brings the community together and showcases the vibrant spirit of our city during the holidays. We're excited to partner with Visit Saint Paul and welcome everyone to experience the magic of Saint Paul."
For more information about Saint Paulidays and a complete list of events, please visit https://www.visitsaintpaul.com/saint-paulidays/. The public is encouraged to share their upcoming events on the Visit Saint Paul’s event calendar and to share their Saint Paul seasonal experiences on social media using the hashtag #SaintPaulidays.
Media kit with images and logos: https://platform.crowdriff.com/m/visit-saint-paul/folder/21889
For media inquiries, please contact:
Mary Quinn McCallum, Field Guide Inc. // email@example.com // 612.968.0558