Top 10 Things to Do
10 must-dos for your Saint Paul winter.
Take it outside!
1. Plan a visit (or a few) to Destination Winter Saint Paul, the winter wonderland fun zone located at CHS Field. Skate beneath the ballpark lights on the Wells Fargo WinterSkate rink and glide down to second base on a 130-foot snow slide departing from the second story patio of the Securian Financial Club.
2. Bundle up and hit the snow-topped hills for some more great Capital City sledding.
3. Admire the incredible ice sculptures and march in the parade during Saint Paul's iconic Winter Carnival.
4. Let the booze be your blanket on at the Winter Beer Dabbler, an annual outdoor beer festival at the State Fairgrounds featuring over 160 breweries.
5. Get into the holiday spirit with a viewing of the numerous festive light displays around town. The magical vibes from the lights and the big tree in downtown's Rice Park make it a fan favorite.
Sometimes, it's just a little too cold.
7. Eat, drink and shop your way through the massive indoor Keg & Case Market on West 7th.
8. Heat up the kitchen with seasons, spices and more from Golden Fig Fine Foods.
10. Experience another climate without ever leaving Minnesota at Como Zoo's warm, lush-filled Marjorie McNeely Conservatory.