MY ITINERARY (0)
Top Things to do in Saint Paul this Summer
Here's a roundup of the top things you can do this summer in #MYSAINTPAUL
1. Get Outside
- See the Mississippi River by sightseeing cruise: Padelford Riverboats offers daily 90-minute cruises.
- Explore Saint Paul’s park system: Ranked No. 3 in the country, our variety of parks are great for hiking, biking, paddling, swimming and more.
- Bring your bicycle: Take on Saint Paul’s 189 miles of bikeway and explore routes along the Mississippi River, the Gateway State Trail, downtown’s Capital City Bikeway and more.
- Bike or Paddle with a National Park Service Ranger: Sign up for one of these events with a ranger along the Mississippi National River & Recreation Area.
- Paddle Share: Utilize the National Park Service’s kayak-sharing system and explore Pickerel Lake.
- Bring your boat: Find a launch and explore the Mississippi River. We suggest a stop at Fort Snelling State Park’s Pike Island to swim and take in Bdote, the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota rivers.
- Play a round: Book a tee time and try Como, Highland National and Phalen golf courses.
- Get some sun: Enjoy the lake at Phalen Park Beach and Splashpad.
- Have a picnic: Find a spot along the river gorge at one of these 20 recommended locations.
2. Explore the Arts
- Find sidewalk poetry: Explore Saint Paul to find one of the city’s most beloved art installations on the sidewalks, written by locals.
- Do a mural tour: From the largest hockey mural to the ChromaZone murals, Saint Paul has plenty of murals to check out all across the city. See the murals map.
- Explore public art spots: Put these six art locations on your list.
- Fine Arts Exhibit: Get tickets to experience the Fine Arts Exhibit in-person hosted by the Minnesota State Fair! Or, explore the exhibit virtually online. See more info.
3. Visit Local Attractions
For a full list of open attractions, click here.
- Explore Keg & Case West 7th Market: Take in the Fandango Summer Music Series on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Visit Como: Visit Como Zoo, opening July 29 with reservations required. Or take a walk and enjoy the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory and Japanese Garden (operating as a one-way walking path.)
- Beat the heat: Do a historic cave tour at the Wabasha Street Caves on Saturday mornings.
- Outdoor puzzle hunt: Explore Saint Paul through an outdoor puzzle hunt called "The Lost Treasure of Pig's Eye," offered by Trapped Puzzle Rooms.
4. Indulge in Food & Drink
For a full list of current restaurant and brewery offerings, click here.
- Find a patio: Take advantage of the weather and find a restaurant or brewery patio to enjoy. See some of our favorites.
- Pop-Up Cafe: Have lunch at CHS Field and enjoy the unique outdoor seating areas of the ballpark at the Pop-Up Cafe.
- On the Mississippi: Enjoy a meal along the river in a former grain elevator building at City House.
- For the State Fair lovers: Use the Minnesota State Fair Food Finder to find fair favorites around the metro area this summer or get tickets for the Minnesota State Fair Food Parade.
- Find a food truck: Use our list of Twin Cities food trucks to find the right one for you.
- Farmers Market: Enjoy shopping outdoors at the one and only Saint Paul Farmers' Market, open Saturday and Sundays in Lowertown.