FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 18, 2019
Nick Cusick, Marketing & Media Relations Manager
P: 651.265.4907 | C: 651.341.9422 | email@example.com
SAINT PAUL, Minn. (Nov. 18, 2019) – Saint Paul’s downtown holiday tree is returning to Rice Park after moving for a year due to the park’s revitalization project.
Saint Paul will kick off the holiday season on Saturday, Nov. 23, with the tree lighting and the grand opening ceremonies of Rice Park powered by Xcel Energy, beginning at 4 p.m. with fireworks planned for 6:30 p.m.
The ceremony will include performances, contests and the annual lighting of Rice Park. See the full schedule below.
"This is such a great family-friendly event for folks to gather in beautiful Rice Park, kick off the holiday season and make some memories," said John Marshall, Director of Community Relations for Xcel Energy. "The event has become an annual tradition and we are excited to once again partner with our friends at the city and Visit Saint Paul to make it happen.”
Wells Fargo WinterSkate has moved to Destination Winter Saint Paul at CHS Field. Destination Winter’s Grand Opening will be Friday, Dec. 6. For more information on Destination Winter, go to www.visitsaintpaul.com/destinationwinter.
GRAND OPENING SCHEDULE
- 4-4:45 p.m. – Minnesota Dance Collaborative
- 4-7 p.m. – Hot cider complements of Xcel Energy
- Deb’s Hot Dogs, a Saint Paul street-food tradition, available for purchase
- New faces. New places. Next level. JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL. Take home fun-film items, enter chances to receive advanced screening passes
- Chances to win four (4) tickets to the 8 p.m. Trans-Siberian Orchestra performance at the Xcel Energy Center on Dec. 28.
- 5-5:45 p.m. – Teddy Bear Band
- 5:45 p.m. – 5 Eyewitness News and 45TV Meteorologist Wren Clair and KS95's Staci and Hutch
- 5:50 p.m. – Winter Carnival Royal Family followed by:
- Saint Paul Police Band Drumline
- Melvin Carter – Mayor of Saint Paul
- John Marshall – Xcel Energy, Director of Community Relations
- 6:20 p.m. – The Christmas Song by “It’s a Wonderful Life” A Live Radio Play Performers
- 6:26 p.m. – Masonic Children’s Hospital spokesperson
- 6:29 p.m. – Saint Paul Police Band Drumline begin the countdown to tree lighting
- 6:30 p.m. – Tree lighting and fireworks
For more information on Saint Paul events, including the grand opening of Rice Park powered by Xcel Energy, go to www.visitsaintpaul.com
About the Visit Saint Paul Foundation:
In partnership with the City of Saint Paul, the Visit Saint Paul Foundation manages initiatives including Wells Fargo WinterSkate, and Rice Park powered by Xcel Energy to bring vitality and economic development to Saint Paul.