Kids & Family, Arts & Culture
Family Day at The M
Sorry, this event has already happened
Please check out our events calendar for current events in Saint Paul.
A full day of interactive, creative experiences and artist-led activities for all ages.
Location: Minnesota Museum of American Art
Time: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
350 Robert Street , Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
Explore the new M, your playground for creativity and connection, with a day full of fun, interactive experiences and artist-led activities for all ages. Family Days are free and offer interactive, artist-driven experiences for kids of all ages, which animate the entire museum through a theme.
- Interactive Storytelling: Main Gallery
Stories for the Future: Saint Paul Public Library Story Time (English & Spanish)
2:00 p.m. (Spanish)
3:00 p.m. (English/ASL interpreted)
- Making & Community Building: Wide Open Studio - Figure: Aki Shibata & Carrie Thompson (All ages): Aki and Carrie have made hundreds of clay figures that need your care. Select a figure, decorate it
- Sharing Light: Senah Yeboah-Sampong & Witt Siasoco (Ages 6+): Inspired by alchemy, Senah & Witt invite you to make candles with them that hold your wisdom and wishes
- Together We Weave a Web for Our Wishes, with artists from Weavers Guild of Minnesota (Ages 4+): With Sheila Pepe’s Softly …. Before the Supreme Court as visual inspiration, we learn how to weave a simple web, together, with yarn and other materials
- Family Guide: The Whole Museum (Age 5+ with help from a reader/writer): Pick up an M Family Guide at the welcome desk in the Reception Hall and find yourself on an adventure through the entire museum
Admission: FreeVisit our website Add To Itinerary