Attractions: What’s Open and Temporary Closures
List of openings and temporary closures due to the ongoing COVID-19 health advisories.
Last updated: Aug. 13, 2020
With guidance from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health, efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 have resulted in many facilities in Saint Paul closing and several events postponing or canceling.
Here is a running list of temporary closures and altered business hours at Visit Saint Paul partner attractions resulting from coronavirus. This is a fluid situation and updates are happening quickly, so please bear with us as we discover and publish new information. View COVID-19 Resources page here.
Attractions that are reopening:
- Bell Museum: Open 10am-4pm Thursday to Sunday. Advanced reservations of tickets for timed entry required.
- Como Park Zoo & Conservatory: Open as a one-way walking path daily from 10am-4pm. Reservations are required.
- FlannelJax's: Open Thursday through Sunday. Book online.
- FlyOver America: Open 11am-6pm daily.
- Keg & Case West 7th Market: Open with vendors indoors and out with weekend summer music series.
- Landmark Center: Opened Aug. 12 with with advanced appointments to visit the building.
- Mall of America: Phased re-opening. Curbside pick-up.
- Minnesota Children's Museum: Beginning Aug 1, will be open 9am-5pm Thursday through Sunday. Advanced reservations required.
- Minnesota Transportation Museum: Open Wednesdays 10am-1pm and Saturdays 10am-3pm. Advanced reservations required.
- Minnesota Twins: The 2020 season begins on July 23. Games will be played without fans in attendance at Target Field.
- Minnesota United: MLS is Back Tournament - July 8 to Aug 11 in Orlando FL
- Minnesota Wild: Wild return to play in Game one of its best-of-5 game qualifying round series on Aug 2 in Edmonton.
- Minnesota Zoo: Open daily from 10am-4pm. Online advanced reservations required.
- Nickelodeon Universe: Open at limited capacity with special two-hour unlimited ride pass.
- Padelford Riverboats: Daily tours. Advanced reservations required.
- Paisley Park: Open 9am-5pm daily (Closed Wednesdays). Advanced purchase of tickets for timed entry are required.
- Rosedale Center: Open Monday-Saturday 11am-7pm and Noon-5pm on Sunday.
- Running Aces Casino, Hotel & Racetrack: Now open 24/7.
- Science Museum of Minnesota: Opening Sept. 4.
- St. Paul Saints: Home games at CHS Field return on Aug 4. A 60-game season began on July 3 with the St. Paul Saints utilizing Sioux Falls Stadium as their home ballpark until they could return to CHS Field.
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino: Now open.
- Twin City Model Railroad Museum: Beginning July 18, open 10am-5pm Saturdays. Purchase tickets in advance.
- Wabasha Street Caves: Historic Cave Tours every Saturday at 10am & 11am. Call for reservations: 651-292-1220. The Saint Paul Gangster Tour resumes June 27 at Noon.
Attractions that are closed or have altered hours:
- Can Can Wonderland: closed until further notice
- Cathedral of Saint Paul: all tours have been canceled until further notice. Virtual tours available at https://www.cathedralsaintpaul.org/visit-us
- Circus Juventas: upcoming performance is postponed - virtual classes available
- Historic Fort Snelling: closed until further notice
- History Theatre: postponing upcoming shows for another season.
- Hmong Cultural Center: closed until further notice.
- James J. Hill House: closed until further notice
- Minnesota History Center: closed until further notice
- Minnesota Museum of American Art: closed until further notice
- Ordway Center for the Performing Arts: temporarily closed - postponing all Ordway-presented events
- Palace Theatre: closed until further notice.
- Park Square Theatre: season suspended. Offering virtual performances.
- Schubert Club Museum: closed until further notice
- State Capitol Historic Site: closed until further notice
- The VOID: closed until further notice
- Topgolf Brooklyn Center: closed until further notice
- Vikings Museum: closed until further notice
- Xcel Energy Center: closed until further notice - check calendar for postponed/rescheduled events