List of openings and temporary closures due to the ongoing COVID-19 health advisories.
Saint Paul is Ready Together
Learn about the Ready Together Pledge - Saint Paul's commitment to cleanliness and safety - and how you can do your part.
COVID-19 Related Updates: What You Need to Know
To help you safely visit Saint Paul with confidence, updates on the evolving restrictions due to COVID-19. We continually monitor and assess any new developments and make updates as new information becomes available.
Last update: August 4, 2021
The health and safety of Saint Paul’s visitors and residents are of utmost importance and these are the protocols and procedures currently in place to help keep you safe. The Minnesota Department of Health is leading the state and city preparedness and information dissemination - for detailed information from the Minnesota Department of Health, click here.
What you need to know:
- Minnesota's Stay Safe Plan outlines guidelines for the safe reopening of activities within the state. As of May 28, remaining capacity and distancing limits have been removed, including for indoor events and gatherings.
- Effective August 3, based on CDC recommendations, the city of Saint Paul strongly encourages all businesses require that individuals, regardless of vaccine status, wear a face-covering indoors. The city requires all Individuals must wear a face-covering inside City-Controlled property at all times. More information.
- Local businesses have taken the Ready Together Pledge, demonstrating their commitment to the health and well-being of Saint Paul's residents and visitors - see which businesses have already taken the pledge.
What is open:
Please note that while most businesses are allowed to open with specific guidelines, it is a good idea to check their reopening status as you’re making plans.
All restaurant capacity restrictions, party size limitations, and distancing requirements are lifted.
Many restaurants are offering outdoor dining and curbside pick-up. List of dine-in, take-out and curbside pick-up.
Retail: Retail businesses are open at full capacity. Visit individual store and mall websites for their current status.
- Attractions and Entertainment: All attraction and entertainment capacity restrictions, party size limitations, and distancing requirements are lifted.
List of attraction and entertainment openings. Many attractions are also offering virtual tours and programs that you can enjoy online.
- Outdoor Recreation Activities & Facilities:
Outdoor recreational activities and facilities are no longer subject to distancing and masking requirements.
- Outdoor Events & Entertainment:
All capacity limits and distancing requirements for outdoor events are eliminated.
- Meeting & Event Venues:
All capacity limits and distancing requirements for meeting and event venues have lifted.
If you have questions about COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Health offers a specific COVID-19 hotline: 1-833-431-2053 (Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm. / Saturday, 10am-6pm.).
Info on restaurants, coffee shops, breweries and more during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sharing resources, information and updates, specifically as they relate to Saint Paul businesses.
Stay and save with these special lodging rates!
Saint Paul's Commitment to Cleanliness & Safety