Social Media & Content Specialist
The Social Media & Content Specialist is an integral part of the Visit Saint Paul marketing & partnership team, writing compelling content that will be shared across social media channels, VisitSaintPaul.com, e-mail marketing and print publications. This person will work collaboratively across all departments to achieve the organization's goal of selling Saint Paul as the destination of choice for leisure travel, meetings and events.
The ideal candidate is creative, savvy and in-the-know on what's happening in the city in order to best promote Saint Paul through innovative content creation and community management.
- Responsible for day-to-day content and social deliverables for the organization’s leisure travel, convention sales and partnership efforts.
- Create high-quality content for multi-platform storytelling, presenting the brand voice and point of view across digital and social channels, including but not limited to posts, blogs, web content and e-mail marketing.
- Daily posting and engagement across social media channels, including curation of user-generated content.
- Responsible for actively monitoring the success of posts and making timely adjustments based on performance. Analyze trends and assess data to help drive future content and engagement.
- Responsible for overall content strategy across blog and social, and assistance with overall web strategy.
- Conduct regular content audits on VisitSaintPaul.com to ensure content is relevant and up to date.
- Collaborate with Visit Saint Paul partners to generate content. Attend events, previews and other assigned events and activities to feature on social media channels or blog posts.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, industry experts and influencers.
- Create effective and engaging e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Utilize social media reporting tools to measure and assess performance of social channels, digital content and e-mail marketing against organizational goals.
- Stay current with social media, content marketing and tourism industry best practices and trends.
- Assist with website development and updates.
- Provide assistance during Visit Saint Paul and tourism related events.
- Represent Visit Saint Paul at community meetings and member-sponsored events as needed.
- Support the growth, development and retention of Visit Saint Paul partners.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience in a marketing related role.
- Demonstrated experience in social media community management, strategy and content development across multiple channels, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Excellent oral and written communication. Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills, especially in developing and managing social and blog content and producing work displaying a high level of creativity that includes researching, writing and editing.
- Passionate about social media and speaking on behalf of a brand to develop and curate brand personality.
- Experience with social media monitoring and reporting tools, producing e-mail newsletters, website CMS, Facebook Ads Manager and basic Adobe Creative Cloud (or program equivalent) skills. Digital curiosity with willingness to learn new tools.
- Demonstrate personal integrity and sense of responsibility along with a positive work attitude.
- Desire to take initiative, creatively tackle challenges and launch new ideas.
- Exceptional attention to detail and personal accountability.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited supervision.
- A commitment to providing superior customer service with the ability to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of tourism and hospitality industry is a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt position, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Paid/Partial Paid Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and PTO accrual
- 10 paid Holidays per year
- 401K with match
- Wellness reimbursement
Visit Saint Paul is a non-profit equal opportunity employer and our commitment to diversity and inclusion is fundamental in providing excellent service to visitors and the community.
This position is open to anyone who meets the position requirements. Visit Saint Paul strongly encourages veterans, women, persons of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Please send a cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, salary requirements and your resume to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Friday, February 7, 2020.