Saint Paul RiverCentre & Visit Saint Paul Office
Convention Sales/Wedding Program Coordinator
The Convention Sales and Wedding Coordinator is an integral part of the Visit Saint Paul sales team, providing sales support to the sales team and working with clients in the small meetings and wedding markets promoting Saint Paul as a destination.
Visit Saint Paul is a recognized leader in destination marketing and a driving force in the economic development of Saint Paul. The mission of Visit Saint Paul is to market the greater Saint Paul area to out-of-town convention & leisure visitors, advocate for visitor needs and link the community with visitors. Visit Saint Paul functions as a private, non-profit membership-based organization.
Title: Convention Sales/Wedding Program Coordinator
Position Overview: The Convention Sales and Wedding Coordinator is an integral part of the Visit Saint Paul sales team, providing sales support to the sales team and working with clients in the small meetings and wedding markets promoting Saint Paul as a destination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Convention Sales Coordinator
- Manage monthly and quarterly reports for the Sales Department. Maintains leads, definite bookings and lost business reports.
- Plan and coordinate Quarterly Director of Sales Meetings.
- Provide support to convention sales team with email marketing, PowerPoint presentations and tradeshow marketing.
- Take inventory of marketing materials + collateral needed by the National Account Executives and coordinate those needs to the marketing department.
- Maintain a current knowledge of VSP partners to include hotels and other local businesses.
- Coordinate client gifts and promotional items.
- Assist with local Familiarization programs for groups of meeting planners.
Wedding Program/Small Meetings
- Promote Saint Paul as a Wedding Destination.
- Responsible for generating & managing leads (new business) through email marketing, attending Wedding Fairs & networking events.
- Connect with clients to assess needs & send leads to members who can best assist them.
- Establish active working relationships with members to ensure their businesses are being properly represented by I Do Saint Paul to the wedding market.
- Follow-up with meeting planner requests for information on venues and small meeting locations in Saint Paul area.
- All other duties as assigned.
Technically savvy with data management systems.
Knowledge of the hospitality/meeting industry and its terminology.
Industry experience or relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
Demonstrated strong oral and written skills.
Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting.
Excellent work ethic and positive work attitude.
Paid/Partial Paid Benefits:
Health, Dental and Short/Long term disability insurance.
Vacation and PTO accrual.
10 paid Holidays a year.
401K with match.
Visit Saint Paul is a non-profit equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is fundamental in providing excellent service to visitors and the community.
This position is open to anyone who meets position requirements. Visit Saint Paul strongly encourages veterans, women, persons of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, salary requirements and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 15th. No phone calls please.