Connect with your conference attendees on a more personal level in Saint Paul.More
Saint Paul RiverCentre
Join Our Team
We are currently hiring a National Account Executive
Title: National Account Executive
Reports to: Vice President of Convention Sales
Position Overview: The National Account Executive position is an integral part of the Visit Saint Paul sales team, with a goal to increase hotel occupancies through booking convention/meeting groups at the Saint Paul RiverCentre and member hotel properties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain client database ensuring that data is complete, accurate and current in the assigned market segment. Generate convention center and hotel leads and definite bookings from the assigned market segment, which may be revised annually. A room night and lead goal will be established.
- Work closely with St Paul RiverCentre, selling the building for meetings, conventions and trade shows. Maintain information on facility meeting and trade show specifics. Maintain a strong working knowledge of the facility.
- Make formal bid presentations to meeting planners, Board of Directors, or site selection committees.
- Solicit and coordinate hotel and convention center cost projections to create bid proposals for meeting planners' consideration.
- Attend national tradeshows, sales missions, networking meetings and local meetings to solicit convention business; responsible for pre-planning, target marketing, pre- and post mailers and all booth arrangements for tradeshows in which incumbent participates.
- Coordinate and conduct site tours for meeting planners, showcasing facilities and attractions in the city. Participate in familiarization (fams) programs for groups of meeting planners; responsible for inviting qualified clients to each fam.
- Develop new business contacts through participation in local and national professional organizations.
- Maintain close working relationship with hotel sales staff and other hospitality contacts. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of local hotel facilities, attractions and convention services.
- Coordinate with the convention services department, upon knowledge of a definite booking. Work with services staff to provide meeting planners with any service that is logical and within financial capabilities of Visit Saint Paul.
- Enhance job skills through pertinent workshops and seminars when available.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
- 3-5 years of hotel, convention center or destination sales experience.
- Technically savvy with data management systems, IDSS is a plus.
- Knowledge of the hospitality/meeting industry and its terminology.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated strong oral and written skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Excellent work ethic and positive work attitude.
Visit Saint Paul is a non-profit equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is fundamental in providing excellent service to visitors and the community.
This position is open to anyone who meets position requirements. Visit Saint Paul strongly encourages veterans, women, persons of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Paid/Partial Paid Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Short/Long term disability insurance
- Vacation and PTO accrual
- 10 paid Holidays a year
- 401K with match
Please send a cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, salary requirements and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Friday, February 15. No phone calls please.